Gadgetren – When you need Internet services at home, IndiHome can indeed be a suitable alternative because it has a fiber optic network that has spread to different parts of Indonesia.
This state-owned ISP also has a range of products including cable phones and interactive TV as an add-on. The package options they offer are also very different so they can be more easily adapted to your needs.
Unfortunately, the internet service they provide still uses a Fair Use Policy (FUP). The goal is to create a fair ecosystem and protect customers from heavy users with excessive usage.
By implementing this FUP system, customers must also exercise discretion in using IndiHome services. The problem is that the Internet access speed will be reduced by up to 80 percent if the usage exceeds the set quota limit.
The application of the FUP limit may also be different for each customer depending on the internet package they are using. Just generally speaking it will usually be determined according to bandwidth although it can indeed change due to many things such as promotions or special circumstances.
What is IndiHome FUP limit
Internet package 10Mbps
- First FUP limit: 300 GB with access speed set to 7.5Mbps
- Second FUP limit: 350 GB with access speed set to 3Mbps
20Mbps Internet package
- First FUP limit: 500 GB with access speed set to 10Mbps
- Second FUP limit: 750 GB with access speed set to 4Mbps
Internet package 30Mbps
- First FUP limit: 700 GB with access speed set to 15Mbps
- Second FUP limit: 1,100 GB with access speed set to 6Mbps
40Mbps Internet package
- First FUP limit: 800 GB with access speed set to 20Mbps
- Second FUP limit: 1,500 GB with access speed set to 8 Mbps
50Mbps Internet package
- First FUP limit: 1,200 GB with access speed set to 25Mbps
- Second FUP limit: 1,800 GB with access speed set to 10Mbps
100Mbps Internet package
- First FUP limit: 1,800 GB with access speed set to 50Mbps
- Second FUP limit: 2,000 GB with access speed set to 20Mbps
Generally, IndiHome has two FUP limits on its services with extra quota as a bonus. So, customers will later experience up to twice as much internet access speed adjustment because of this.
In the first adjustment, the internet access speed of IndiHome customers will be reduced by only 50 percent. Additionally, it will only be set to 80 percent after the second FUP threshold is passed.
If it slows down before the FUP limit is reached, there is a high probability that some disturbance has occurred. We can specifically monitor IndiHome’s internet usage using the MyIndiHome app or the official website.
Those of us subject to adjustments can expect the quota to reset at the beginning of each month. It’s just that if you need high speed Internet service before that, then we can use the Renew feature or buy the additional Speed On Demand package.